Monday 7 July 2008

Rehabilitating Sex Workers!

No, you didn't read the title wrong. Ben here is headed off to Columbia as a volunteer to rehabilitate underage sex workers. I, on the other hand, will be doing nothing of the kind. Not that I don't support it. I think it is a very worthy cause. Will he survive the experience? Not so sure about that one.

Anyway, it should prove a refreshing change for poor Ben, who's been pretty reclusive most of the time I've known him. It takes a lot of courage to face a new situation. Fear inevitably kicks in, although my other friend Pat Schuler, President of the Gemini Resources Group and apparently raised by wolves (read her bio!), has this to say on that subject:







"Honor the fear. Acknowledge it. Thank it for showing up. Do not deny it, stuff it away, or anesthetize it with food, alcohol or drugs."
http://www.geminipro.com/fightingfear.html

So, Ben, no drugs. No alcohol. Okay, you can have a bit of food. Just a bit. Good luck!


Anyone who wants to donate a quid or two to Ben's worthy cause, follow this link!

1 comment:

Kaye Lee said...

P/S: Pat mercifully forgave me for putting her up in a post regarding sex workers. I wasn't entirely sure I'd get away with that.