Sunday 6 December 2009

Sometimes a Prayer is Enough


So I'm back in Malaysia on a short holiday. I was exhausted last week and was suffering from eyestrain, thanks to my work as a trader. The eyedrops weren't quite cutting it too. Anyway, one evening I decided it was time to get in some extra help. So, I knelt down and prayed for a solution, did the incense offering, and got on with life. Later that evening, the strain started in again. These things can be rather peculiar - it feels as if your eyes can't stay open any longer, and also objects start looking blurred. A very frustrating experience. Before I knew it, I found myself reaching over to my kit of massage sticks, which I keep next to my bed. Getting a few out, I started massaging certain key points around the eye area, something I had never thought to do before. Solved the thing in about 5 minutes. In fact, the nerves responded immediately. I've been giving myself repeat treatments but that one seems to have done the trick. Eyestrain gone for good.

Sometimes, a prayer is enough. Then, of course, when it happens, you say, "Thank you!"

No comments: