Source/licence: Wikimedia/Daniel Mayers
What is the the Plateau Point?
It is a point in your life where no matter what you do, things just don't seem to be going your way. This can, although not always, happen at all three causal levels - physical, mental and spiritual. They are inter-related. It can even feel as though you are spinning your wheels backwards, or losing ground.
Why does the Plateau Point happen?
Basically, it is the end of an upcycle in your life. In everything, there is balance, and life does not move in a straight line - there are upcycles and downcycles. The upwards thrust before it may have been a period of phenomenal growth, or it may have been just a gentle upward movement. The end of the upcycle is marked by the consolidation phase of the Plateau Point (PP). The consolidation may be followed by a downcycle, further upwards movement, or stagnation.
What can I do about it?
Understand firstly what is the primary cause for your personal PP, and then the appropriate reaction will become clear.
What are the causes of the Plateau Point?
- Self-sabotage/conflicting purposes within yourself.
- A natural ending phase in the physical phenomenal world.
- Spreading yourself too thin mentally and spiritually, leading to a lack of focus and/or conflicting purposes.
- A lack of clarity in what you want.
- Limiting beliefs and experiences.
- A lack of energising focus and power.
- Inadequate physical strategies leading to suboptimal performance.
- Failure to adapt to change.
- Being too easily influenced by others.
- No staying power, flexibility and resilience.
- Issues around guilt, fear and deservingness.
- A lack of confidence.