Monday 10 January 2011

A Miracle by Grandmaster Wong

Well, well, well. Some days it really pays to be on the good side of Grandmaster Wong. As some of you will know, I have just made the trip from London to Malaysia. The first night I slept more than twelve hours. Tonight I awoke at about 4.30 am. With nothing better to do, I decided to do my homework and practice some qigong meditation.

In Spring Forest Qigong style, I called upon my master's energy and meditated. What goes on when I'm in hocus pocus mode is for me to know and for you to find out. However, mid-meditation, which turned out to be a learning meditation, I felt a pang of regret that a notebook I had written containing nearly one hundred techniques to be potentially released to my students had disappeared.

For those not in the know - I had an epiphany a few months back and started to consolidate everything I had learnt in the industry into a "few" (if you knew me you wouldn't be surprised - I believe I'm past the hundred and twenty mark now in notebook 2) techniques. Things that had no place before integrated into very simple and elegant techniques. I completed notebook 1 and have been writing notebook 2. When I was packing for Malaysia, notebook 1 went missing. I simply couldn't find it. Finally, I shrugged and simply packed notebook 2 for the journey. Maybe the techniques weren't supposed to be released after all. Non-attachment, right?

Flash back to this morning and my pang of regret. I was just contemplating the missing notebook when Grandmaster Wong indicated I should look in my backpack. I was certain I had checked it when I packed it, and it was now jammed full of documents and notebook 2. So half-believing (I really should know better by now) I turned over in the bed and reached, in the dark, into my backpack. My hands found a lump of paper which did not seem like the usual documents. I prodded. And fished out notebook 1.

Some days the hocus pocus gets even me.

No comments: